BlueSkyMinds Southern Cross Case Study
A Partnership Promoting Client And Staff Wellbeing
Southern Cross Health Insurance is New Zealand's leading health insurance brand with more than 870,000 members. They have a vision to create a healthier society. They recognise that this starts with having a team of engaged and motivated employees who thrive on being productive and share the company's values.
Our partnership with Southern Cross began in 2016 when the team invited Debbie Schultz to speak at their annual BeingWell conference. After this event BlueSkyMinds and Southern Cross collaborated together both to support their internal Wellbeing Programme, called Switch2well and also externally to support their corporate health insurance clients through the workplace wellbeing programme called BeingWell.
Our External Being Well Partnership:
BlueSkyMinds are an official partner for mental health and wellbeing initiatives to Southern Cross corporate health insurance clients through the BeingWellPlus hub. Through this hub Southern Cross connects employers and their employees to partner organisations in the Health and Wellbeing arena.
- Southern Cross and BlueSkyMinds partnered together with Online Republic (The Global Travel E-Commerce Group) and Olympic Winning canoeist Lisa Carrington to run a wellbeing challenge over 4 weeks in 2017. This was filmed and aired on TV1.
- Debbie has written numerous articles on wellbeing topics such as looking after leaders and dealing with lockdown isolation as part of the StayingWell newsletter series.
Our Switch2Well Internal Employee Partnership:
During 2019 we ran a series of large events called "Managing our Minds" Mindfulness seminars. The seminars were a great success with over 300 staff attending. Most who attended completed a survey afterwards and the feedback was overwhelmingly positive.
In 2020 we switched to online offerings and ran a series of short webinars that the team could engage in while working from home. We covered topics such as:
- Using mindfulness to navigate through uncertain and challenging times
- Working with difficult thoughts and emotions
- Managing focus and productivity while working from home.
- Short live online mindful meditation practices open to all employees.
In August 2021 we kicked off an 8-week High Performing Minds Pilot Programme.