Xero and BlueSkyMinds – Mindfulness Strategy
Xero and BlueSkyMinds have partnered together to bring about sustainable, measurable change to wellbeing and performance using a range of mindfulness based strategies
BlueSkyMinds Xero Case Study: Creating a Mindful Culture at Xero
In 2017 Xero experienced a sustained period of high growth combined with a high paced, high change working environment. Some of its lowest engagement scores related to mental wellbeing, such as being overwhelmed, high workload and work related stress. One of Xero’s strategic objectives was to improve the mental wellbeing of its people.
Xero wanted a research based programme and recognised that Mindfulness-based stress reduction (MBSR) has been scientifically proven to be effective in reducing stress. Xero partnered with us to deliberately build a mindfulness strategy designed to see long term, sustained results.
To date, Xero has put over 450 of its people through High Performing Minds. They have seen a significant reduction in stress, increase in resilience and productivity and have been finalists for a range of HRD, Employee Experience and HRINZ awards.
The strategy is based on the following building blocks:
- Offering High Performing Minds nationwide to 450+ employees
- Booking in regular one-hour mindfulness introductory sessions
- Providing quiet spaces where people can practice mindfulness
- Weekly mindfulness meditation sessions
- Training mindful champs, with the task of building a mindful community at Xero
- Developing an Advanced programme focusing on compassion and performance